- Location:Gurugram, Haryana
- Experience:8-10 Years
- No of Positions:1
Sweven, a new startup in the CRM/CX ecosystem is responsible for the life cycle planning of
CRM/CX for Industry 4.0 (SFI4.0) software business applications through the phases of
strategize, architect, select, deploy, operate, evolve, and manage. Some of our application
delivery work is managed as products, regardless of whether the customer is internal or
The Sweven Application Leader (SAL) manages the application products group that has
specific responsibility for building or configuring, maintaining or enhancing, and eventually
decommissioning applications or products through the life cycle. This group is responsible for
application products related to CRM/CX Platform. However, the Sweven Application Leader
(SAL) is closely aligned with corresponding business leaders for the “Sweven CRM/CX
Engineering” in a "two in a box" leadership model responsible for business outcomes
the application products.
This role reports directly to Chief Technology Office or Other Leader and has few managers and
other staff reporting to it.
About the Role
- Budget: Significant resources will be invested in building CRM/CX for
(SFI4.0) on applications, tools, services and staffing (permanent and temporary).
- Staff: Initially about 10-20 permanent, another 10-15 contract, 20-30
graduate trainees, together with supervisory responsibility for third-party resources
supporting applications activity.
- Application products: Sweven Cloud Products (Sales, Service, Marketing,
Commerce, Integration) and other major business application products supporting end
customers/users. These SFI4.0 products are internally developed on CRM/CX
platforms and some of them will have significant components from third party tools.
Sweven products or productized services are packaged SaaS applications supporting
multi-variant cloud ecosystems.
Leadership and Management
The Sweven Application Leader (SAL) will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost
and risk of application products.
Candidates should be able to:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will
contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Work with CIO/CTO/CEO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT/Product strategy in
the context of the business strategy and initiatives of the SFI4.0
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders and product managers across
the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle
management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous
- Provide support and facilitate innovative and experimental application work to test new
ideas with bounded cost and time frames.
- Ensure that application processes (including those of external service providers) are
conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical
policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Manage application group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the
needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to
address new needs and skills gaps.
- Work with product management to implement and manage application product
roadmaps status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-
effectively meet the needs of the organization.
- Conduct regular surveys of stakeholder satisfaction with application products, publish
the results and, where necessary, implement action plans to improve satisfaction.
Application Product Governance, Strategy and Delivery
The Sweven Application Leader's primary responsibility is to ensure that application products
cost-effectively meet the needs of the business as a whole:
- Overseeing the assessment of the technical and business fitness of the application and
product portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Facilitating the application product governance process to gain consensus on a
prioritized set of measurable business outcomes that applications and products must
- Working with product management, stakeholders and the application product
governance council to define a prioritized set of business outcomes and application work
to accomplish those outcomes within the limitations of the application budget.
- Working with stakeholders to accomplish this application product work in a way that
improves the business and technical fitness of the application portfolio and minimizes its
ongoing support costs.
- Overseeing the application product organization's successful delivery of these business
outcomes in partnership with business colleagues.
- Overseeing benefits realization to ensure the business outcomes are achieved.
- Overseeing support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure
the application products perform well in production.
- Overseeing development of processes and tools in conjunction with infrastructure and
operations to automate the handoff of code releases from development to operations
- Working with the Customers’ Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to ensure that
the organization's application products are effectively secured and that risks are
mitigated. If no CISO or similar position exists: Ensure that the organization's
products are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated to ensure compliance with
legal and corporate privacy and confidentiality rules.
Budgeting, Finance and Administration
The Sweven Application Leader (SAL) will be responsible for the day-to-day management of
the application product organization — including staffing, budgeting and other relevant
management functions — and is required to hold all application delivery teams accountable
optimizing the cost, risk and value of applications and products throughout their life cycle.
The leader will be located in Gurugram managing sizeable Developers, and IT Application
Managers. This is full time job with Stock Options, and Roadmap tied with SWEVEN’s dream of
becoming a Unicorn in the next three years.
Requirements of the Sweven Application Leader Role
Behaviours and Competencies
The acts in a leadership role and must demonstrate the following leadership attributes:
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the
organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- The ability to lead, enable and motivate teams by providing advice and guidance in a
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and business domain knowledge
combined with the ability to drive results toward those objectives.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, processes
Education and Training
An undergraduate or preferably with postgraduate degree in computer science,
engineering, or related field from a reputed University.
The Sweven Application Leader must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and
communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance
understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels
matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to
ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of
multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement.
The Sweven Application Leader (SAL) must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the
- Financial accounting and reporting practices applicable to application products, costs
- IT contracts and their likely cost implications.
- Engagement with procurement and legal contract advisors for additional information.
- IT applications, operations, service and support organizations.
- Data processing, analysis and quality management tools.
- Development and implementation of processes and policies.
- Lean IT, agile development, and DevOps principles and frameworks.
- Significant (more than seven years) in the CRM/CX Environment building applications,
delivering solutions built on CRM/CX Platform. An MVP (CRM/CX) preferred with
thorough experience+expertise in CRM/CX Sales, Service along with other products
including Mulesoft Integration.
The following experience is considered essential:
- Managing a team of at least 15-20 members in application products development,
implementation or management.
- Experience managing in an organization primarily using agile development
- Experience transitioning an organization from traditional to agile development
- About 10-15 years of experience in Software design/development, mobile applications,
application architecture, product management, software-as-a-service, software
integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, business
intelligence, security and/or business process analysis.
- More than Seven (7) years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-
organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients
in the CRM/CX Ecosystem.
- More than seven (7) years of demonstrated experience managing a high-performing,
- Three to Five years of demonstrated experience in liaising with middle and senior
management in important client environment.
The following experience is considered desirable but not mandatory:
- Experience in Industry Specific Product Development using SaaS platforms from other
products such as Siebel or Oracle or SAP.
- Two to three years of experience working in the CRM/CX Application Implementation
for Retail or E-Commerce or Travel industry.
- Three to Five years of experience managing International Clients and Global service
providers (other than CRM/CX) for integration, and other third-party tools.
- Three to Five years of experience managing the risk and cost implications of IT
contracts or contract negotiations.
- Membership of professional organizations, trade or user groups and a pattern of regular
attendance at industry conferences to enhance knowledge of current technology.
This is a sensitive role dealing with commercial risks and significant costs. The organization
have a high level of confidence in the integrity and track record of the individual appointed to