- Location:Gurugram, Haryana
- Experience:5-8 Years
- No of Positions:1
The solutions architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting EA
activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a
portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business
outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and
information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
Solutions architects provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the
development of an enterprise's solutions architecture. This individual creates deliverables
that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be"
and "as is" solutions — including systems (meaning not just applications, but
also processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services
and components to better match targeted business outcome objectives. Solutions architecture is
sometimes used interchangeably with applications and infrastructure architecture. However, both
of the aforementioned typically fall under the purview of the solutions architect.
Application architecture is a subset of solutions architecture. It's the discipline that
guides application design and defines application architecture paradigms, such as
service-oriented architecture (SOA), principles that influence design decisions and patterns
that provide proven design solutions.
Solutions architects leverage and use technology solutions to enable the organization's
future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted
outcomes. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes.
Scope of Activities
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and
determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive
the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of
specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy,
business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely
with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project
is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the
technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and
emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect
critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record,
differentiation and innovation).
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their
potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution
decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions
architecture assurance and compliance.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to
current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as
well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or
infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to
accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or
culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office
to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent
- Minimum of five to seven years of pure CRM/CX Platform experience in at least two IT
solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management,
application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Certified and Qualified on CRM/CX Platforms with proven track record of having
implemented more than two dozen mid to large sized projects in the last Five years.
- Industry expertise in building and architecting applications on CRM/CX Platforms
(Sales, or Service).
- Significant experience in CRM/CX Integrations and applying third party tools, and
accelerators to productize or transform the Customer business landscape.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the
practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving
business and operating models.
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile
project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks,
taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- CRM/CX Technology Skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture (related to
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure
and network architecture.
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment.
- Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprises political climate
and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters.
- CRM/CX Competency in Sales Cloud, and/or Service Cloud.
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade peers.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- A respected leader.
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice,
and is more interested in results than personal preferences, however deep expertise in
CRM/CX is required as mandatory skills.
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.